With candle making, there are hardly any limits. You can replicate lots of things with your creativity. Here are some delicious ‘Cupcakes’ that look very, very inviting.
Complete with chopped crayon bits for nuts and decorations, many people will mistake them for edible, freshly-baked, icing-topped cupcakes coming from your kitchen!
- Candle Making Supplies (Wax, Dyes, Boiler, Wicks etc.),
- Paper Muffin Cups (2-3 for one candle),
- Old Crayons (chopped into small pieces)
- Place 2-3 paper cups into each other for strength. Now, place them into individual muffin molds or a muffin tray for a string base. Grease them lightly if you wish, but it is not necessary.
- Melt Wax, mix a dark or earthy colored dye for the muffin base. We have used brown, but you can experiment. They are not real cakes after all!
- Pour melted wax into the prepared ‘molds’. Allow to cool and set. You can use a wick at this point. We have have not used one because I made these ‘cupcakes’ just as a show-piece.
- Meanwhile, prepare the ‘frosting’. Melt wax and dye it a soft, creamy color. We used used a pale, earthy brown again, but pinks, creams, blues, greens, yellows, peaches etc. look great for the icing. Be creative with your color combinations.
- Cool the melted wax till you see a thin skin forming on it. Whip it with a whisk till it gets frothy. Quickly, spoon the froth over the cupcake. If the wax solidifies before you are able to spoon enough froth, repeat the melting, cooling and whipping process.
- While the frosting is still warm, sprinkle pieces of old crayons.
Content Copyright © Dot Com Women.
Visit http://www.dotcomwomen.com/crafts for more craft ideas and DIY projects.
Article Source: EzineArticles.com